Demo / Video / Faq
Preferred payment method:
Paypal: You will return from Paypal to a direct download page. A copy of your personal donwload link will be sent to the email address
used for payment.
Be sure to check also your spam/bulk mail folder.
To install the extension in your Dreamweaver, double-click the downloaded ".MXP" file. This action will load the Adobe Extension Manager and will install the extension.
If the Adobe Extension Manager is not automatically loaded, then start it manually and use the option "File >> Install Extension" to install the downloaded .MXP file.
After this step, restart Dreamweaver and you will find the option "Insert Advanced Form to Email ASP" in the Dreamweaver's menu "Commands".
To apply this extension "Form to Email" to a form, first click on any field of the form to indicate in which form you wish to apply "Form to Email".
Then go to the Dreamweaver menu "Commands" > "Insert Advanced Form to Email ASP", and the following setup window will be displayed:
The setup fields of this window are:
- Basic Configuration:
- From: Indicates the contents of the "from" field of the email message to be sent. It can be a fixed email address (option Email Address) or the email of the user who fills in the form (option Users Email). In the field nearby you will be able to indicate the fixed "from" or select the field of the form in which users will enter their email address.
- To: Indicates the email address to which the email will be sent.
- CC: Optionally, indicates to which additional email addresses you wish to send a copy.
- Subject: Indicates subject line of the email message, which can be either fixed (Fixed option) or a form field value (option "From field"). In the field nearby you will be able to write the fixed subject or select the form field which will be used as subject line.
- Exclude Fields: here you can exclude specific form fields from the email message, for example, fields for captcha verification or other control fields.
- Plain Text?: In some cases sending the email as "plain text" can minimize the risk of being identified as spam.
- Enable Debug Messages?: If the email is not arriving to its destination, this option can obtain additional information on whether some additional setup is necessary.
- Include additional information?: You can opt to include additional user info in the email: IP address, country, used browser, etc...
- Page to show after a successful submission: URL of the page that will be shown to the user after the email is sent through: usually, the "thank you" page.
- Page to Show if the email cannot be sent: URL of the page that will be shown if the email can not be sent. Usually this page notifies the user and provides additional instructions.
- Copy to the User?: Indicates if you wish to send confirmation of receipt to the user, with the following setup fields:
- User Email Field: Indicates which of the form fields will contain user's email address.
- Subject: To indicate the subject line of the email to the user.
- Message: To indicate the message that will be sent to the user. (Ex: "We have received your message. Thank you!").
- Include submitted data?: To indicate if you wish to send the user a copy of the data submitted in the form.
- Server Configuration:
- Mail Component: To indicate what method will be used to send emails. If not sure, choose "autodetect" .
- Mail server: Adress of the server that will be used to send emails. In most cases it will be "localhost". This information can be obtained from your hosting provider. If not sure, choose "localhost".
- Authentication required?: Indicates if the server requires authentication to send emails. If you check this option, you will be able to enter the username and password. Most hosting providers do not require authentication to send emails, so if you are not sure, do not check this option.
When you click OK, a folder named "DEX_Form2MailASP" will be created automatically; it will contain all the files required for form processing. Make sure to upload this folder and the form page to your web server before testing the form. Once this is done, your form is ready to be sent by email.